Sultanka (lat.Porphyrio) is a genus of birds from the shepherd family. Characteristic features are a short, high beak with oval or rounded nostrils, very long fingers, while the middle toe is longer than the metatarsus. One species - the Caspian sultanka - nests in Russia on the western coast of the Caspian Sea.
In the genus of sultans (Porphyrio) there are 10 modern types:
- Porphyrio alleni - Bronze sultana
- Porphyrio flavirostris - Azure Sultanka
- Porphyrio hochstetteri - Takahe
- Porphyrio indicus
- Porphyrio madagascariensis - Sultan of Madagascar
- Porphyrio martinica - Little Sultanka
- Porphyrio melanotus
- Porphyrio poliocephalus - Caspian Sultan
- Porphyrio porphyrio - Sultanka
- Porphyrio pulverulentus
Extinct species (12 species):
- White sultanka (Porphyrio albus) † - became extinct in the first half of the 19th century
- Reunion moorhen (Porphyrio caerulescens) † - became extinct by the end of the 17th century
- New Caledonian Sultanka (Porphyrio kukwiedei) † - Extinct in historical time (Late Quaternary) or later
- Takahe about. Northern (Porphyrio mantelli) † - became extinct in historical time (late Quaternary period) or in the 1890s.
- Marquesas moorhen (Porphyrio paepae) † - became extinct in historical time (late Quaternary period) or in the 1900s.
- Sultanka about. Huahine (Porphyrio mcnabi) † - Extinct in Historical Time (Late Quaternary)
- Sultanka about. Buka (Porphyrio sp.) † - historical time (Holocene)
- Giant Sultan (Porphyrio sp.) † - historical time (Holocene)
- Sultanka about. New Ireland (Porphyrio sp.) † - historical time (Holocene)
- Sultanka about. Norfolk (Porphyrio sp.) † - historical time (Holocene)
- Sultanka about. Rota (Porphyrio sp.) † - historical time (Holocene)
- Sultanka (? Or Shepherd) Fr. Mangaia (Porphyrio sp.) † - historical time (Holocene) - species unclear - may belong to the genera: Sultanka or Moorhen or Pareudiastes
Lives in Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, French Guinea, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, USA, and Venezuela.
- Sultan Porphyrio melanotus Porphyrio poliocephalus Porphyrio porphyrio - Sultan Porphyrio pulverulentus Extinct species 12 species White Sultan Porphyrio
- sultana Porphyrio martinica formerly Porphyrula martinica Azure sultana Porphyrio flavirostris formerly Porphyrula flavirostris White sultanka
- which uses several varieties of fish: sea scorpion, mullet, anglerfish, trigla, eel. Sometimes crabs, red snails are added
- lead gray shepherd Porphyrio martinica - little sultan Porphyrio flavirostris - azure sultan Gallinula chloropus galeata - moorhen Gallinula
- castaneoventris Horned moorhen - Gallicrex cinerea Sultanka - Porphyrio porphyrio White sultanka - Porphyrio albus Dark moorhen - Gallinula tenebrosa
- the space, chin and upper part of the throat were entirely naked, red and azure. Around the eyes was a wide light leathery ring of pale yellow
- bluefish, European hake, Black Sea scorpion - ruff, common sultan mackerel, common horse mackerel, Caspian - Black Sea herring, Black Sea - Caspian
- shepherd, Rallus limicola Carolina pogon, Porzana carolina Little sultan Porphyrio martinica Gallinula galeata American coot, Fulica
Users also searched for:
azure sultan, animals described in 1789. azure sultana,
Pino is an online logic game based on tactics and strategy. This is a remix of chess, checkers and corners.The game develops imagination, concentration of attention, teaches you to solve assigned tasks, plan your actions and think logically. It doesn't matter how many chips you have, the main thing is how they are placed!